October 2020 Update
As we are now making our way through our 5th week of school we are preparing to make some changes over the next couple of weeks in our phased reopening plan. Here are the effective dates as to when it will occur.
Face Masks/Face Shields: This will go into effect on Monday, September 28th
• Students will be required to wear face masks during arrival and dismissal from school.
• Students and faculty will be required to wear a face mask or face shield at all times (outside of arrival and dismissal when they are required to wear a face mask) when they are not able to properly social distance. Individual students and faculty will be permitted to choose to wear both if that is their or their parent’s preference.
• As face shields will no longer be required, they will no longer be supplied by the school once we run out of our current supply. Students and faculty may choose to provide their own, but if they are wearing it in place of a face mask, they must be a full face shield (approval is at the discretion of the principal).
Specials: This will go into effect beginning the week of Monday, October 5th
• Some specials classes may begin to take students to their respective areas as I can work with those teachers to ensure that their schedule will allow for them to sanitize between classes.
Lunches: This will go into effect beginning the week of Monday, October 5th
• Some classes will begin to eat in the cafeteria in 1st through 8th grade. We will begin with a maximum of two lunch periods a day (Monday through Thursday) with no more than two classes in the cafeteria at the same time.
▪ Individual classes will be assigned to a side of the cafeteria
▪ Teachers will bring students to the cafeteria and pick them up (on a schedule)
▪ The lunch period will be 25 minutes from drop-off to pick-up time
▪ All students must bring their lunch to school
▪ Cafeteria will be sanitized after each period in preparation for the next group
▪ There may be some snacks available for purchase
▪ There will be four lunches in the cafeteria on Fridays
▪ All students in 1st through 8th grade will attend lunch in the cafeteria
▪ There will be pizza available to purchase with a bag of chips for $4.00 (FRIDAYS ONLY). Pre-K and Kindergarten classes will continue to eat in their classrooms/outside – they may purchase pizza for lunch on Fridays and it will be delivered to them
• The goal is that each class will eat in the cafeteria two or three days each week
Visitors/Volunteers: This will go into effect the week of Monday, October 5th
• The school campus will be available for visitors/volunteers provided they meet the following criteria:
o They must be essential to student learning
o They must be screened for temperature
o They must complete a health questionnaire
o They must be approved by the principal
Clubs: This will go into effect the week of Monday, October 26th
• Some clubs/extra-curricular activities will be available based on grade level clusters. Information and consent forms will be sent home prior to any start dates
Title I: This will go into effect the week of Monday, October 5th
• Title I will begin meeting with students in Title I and old VPK Room. Rooms will be sanitized between groups
Morning Gathering: This will go into effect the week of Monday, October 5th
• Morning Prayer will shift to Morning Gathering outside in the courtyard on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
• All students and faculty are required to wear a face mask or face shield at all times
• Classes will be spread out to allow for distancing between grade levels
• Morning Gathering will continue to be live streamed via Zoom for the distance learners
Dismissal: This will go into effect the week of Monday, October 26th
• Dismissal will begin at 3:10 PM and run until 3:30 PM
• All students not picked up by 3:30 PM will be sent to Extended Day and families will be billed accordingly
This school year 2020-2021, we are faced with unprecedented challenges and have taken steps to keep our school community healthy and safe. Here is a snapshot of some of the procedures we are taking during Phase 1 in response to the COVID-19 crisis:
• Students will have their temperature taken when entering school and before lunch each day.
• Staff will have their temperature taken each morning.
• Students and staff will be required to wear a face mask during arrival and dismissal, and will be required to wear face shields in the classroom at all times. Masks will be worn in addition when proper social distancing cannot be maintained.
• Students will not move between classes, only teachers will rotate rooms.
• Students will eat in their classrooms or may go outside to eat as appropriate.
• Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed around the building and in each classroom.
• Students will be instructed on proper handwashing and given opportunities to clean their hands multiple times a day.
• Morning prayers will take place in the classrooms.
• A limited number of classes will attend Mass on a rotation schedule, all others will view Mass live streamed into the classroom.
• Only essential visitors will be allowed on campus.
• Surfaces in classrooms will be wiped down and sanitized throughout the day.
• All rooms and touchable surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at end of day using an electrostatic sprayer.
• MERV-13 air filters have been installed in the school buildings.
• Recess will take place by homeroom in designated areas.